Quick update: I’ve had a couple requests for the templates I used to make my foamcore buildings, so I quickly cleaned up the files this morning and am offering them here to anyone who wants to walk in the footsteps of madness.
There’s a PDF version for anyone who just wants to make the same buildings I did, and I’ve also uploaded my Illustrator files in case anyone wants to make variations on my building shapes:
Foamcore Construction Templates:
- Spud’s Modular Terrain Templates (PDF Format)
- Spud’s Modular Terrain Templates (Adobe Illustrator format)
Craft Foam Paneling Templates:
- Spud’s Modular Terrain Wall Panels (PDF Format)
- Spud’s Modular Terrain Roof Panels (PDF Format)
- Spud’s Modular Terrain Panels (Adobe Illustrator format)
The templates are a bit sparse on instructions (though I did put a recipe on each floorplan to indicate which walls are needed to make each one), but you can probably get the gist of it if you check out the original article.
UPDATE: I added the templates used for the outer panels as well. My walkthrough for how to cut out and apply those can be found somewhere in this rambling mess.
If anyone does end up making their own buildings from these templates, be sure to send me pictures. 😀