TAG Stomp

datetime March 19, 2018 1:01 PM

I ran a weird event this past weekend. At its core, it was a fairly standard 300pt ITS event (albeit with a focus on TAG-centric missions like Deadly Dance and Show of Force). However, in addition to the standard ITS scores for completing missions, each player was given a checklist of optional TAG-themed achievements that they could try to collect over the course of the event:

The first 60% of the achievement points are themed around “do stuff with your TAG”, while the other 40% are focused on “mess with enemy TAGs”. At the end of the day, the ITS winner got the usual store credit prize, while the players with the most Achievements received Scarface (first place) and SeΓ±or Massacre (second place). I made sure to keep the two “scoring tracks” separate from each other, so that players who weren’t interested in the TAG shenanigans were free to completely ignore it and focus on their games if they preferred.

The event was an absolute blast for our group. πŸ™‚ I had some requests for a copy of the achievement score card I made so that other people could run similar events, so… here ya go!

Massive props to Javier UreΓ±a for the absolutely gorgeous Guijia render. πŸ˜€

TAG Stomp Achievement Rules

  1. These achievements are completely separate from normal ITS scoring. You are free to ignore these achievements and play your games normally if you prefer.
  2. Each achievement can be scored once for each checkbox beside it. Each time it is scored, it is worth the number of points listed in the box’ border.
  3. A single in-game action might accomplish several achievements at once. For example, if you use a possessed TAG to deal the last point of damage to another enemy TAG, you’ll score points for Iron Fist, Metal on Metal, Not So Big Now, Huh?, and Friendship is Magic at the same time.
  4. At the end of the day, players will tally the number of achievement points they scored during the day, and the player with the highest achievement score wins the Achievement prize. πŸ™‚
  5. Notes on specific achievements:
    • Wherever an achievement requires “Killing”, this means that a model renders another model into any Null state by dealing damage with an attack. If that model is healed, the points aren’t lost, and you’re free to kill them again for more points. πŸ™‚
    • Mechanical Precision: I ruled that you can achieve this any time a TAG’s in-game action or presence directly and immediately scores mission Objective Points. It would take too long to cover every possible example, but here are some quick examples of mission objectives that do and don’t work with this achievement:
      • YES: “TAG kills a DataTracker/Lieutenant/Specialist/(whatever the mission asks for)
      • YES: “TAG is in a dominated zone when you score points for having more or tied dominated zones”
      • YES: “TAG achieves a Classified Objective”
      • NO: “Kill more army points” (it won’t always be clear whether the TAG was directly responsible for achieving this)
      • NO: “TAG pilot dismounts and pushes a mission button” (since it’s a LI, not a TAG, when it does this)
    • Streaker: A “button” is defined here as a scenario objective that requires a model to make a WIP roll to activate it during the active turn (even if doing so doesn’t directly award Objective Points, such as in certain missions that have Panoplies purely as unscored loot boxes).

Finally, here’s a promo image (cropped down to just the achievement list) that you can use to advertise the event to your players:

If you do end up running your own TAG Stomp, drop a comment below to let me know how it went. πŸ˜€


3 thoughts on “TAG Stomp

  • Melchior

    Going to a event in Germany using your achievements, thank you Captain Spud you’re amazing

  • kones

    Hehe it’s my event! πŸ˜€ And its on sunday so we will report everything afterwards πŸ™‚

  • Myomer

    We used this at an event in Phoenix where we ran the TAG missions. The players loved it! Thanks for putting it together and sharing!

  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *